Ten years ago today we were blessed with our first born child.
We spent months preparing for this day by reading and watching what it would be like to be parents, purchasing way to much baby stuff, and planning out how we were going to parent this child.
Boy oh boy we were in for a shocker after he was born.
Our world was turned upside down and so was our marriage. We had prepared for months on how to take care of this little bundle of joy and yet we didn’t place much importance on our marriage.
During the years that followed there have been many marriage quotes that have inspired us to focus on our marriage.
These quotes are for you. Pick the one(s) that speak to you and place them where you can see them and read them each day.
13 Awe Inspiring Christian Marriage Quotes
1. “Falling in love is easy, but staying in love is very special.”
2. “A real man never stops trying to show a women how much she means to him, even after he’s got her.”
3. “I am my beloved and my beloved is mine.” -Song of Solomon 6:3
4. “Today I choose to live with gratitude for the LOVE that fills my heart, the PEACE that rests within my spirit and the voice of HOPE that says…all things are possible.”
5. “Marriage is getting to have a sleep over with your best friend, every single night of the week.” -Christie Cook
6. “Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I really need it.” -Swedish Proverb
7. “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. “Do not be depressed. Do not let your weakness make you impatient. Instead, let the serenity of your spirit shine through your face. Let the joy of your mind burst forth.” -St. Peter Damian
9. “Ladies, a real man does more than pay for you, he prays for you.” -Jarrid Wilson
10. “I have an awesome heavenly Father who cares for me, loves me, and has prepared great things for me. I won’t be afraid today.”
11. “Walk in the light of the Lord.” -Isaiah 2:5
12. “Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.” -1 Corinthians 16:13
13. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” -Noah Calhoun
What is your favorite marriage quote?
Your spiritual intimacy is vitally important in your marriage and these marriage quotes will keep it at the forefront each and every day.
For more advice on how to strengthen your spiritual intimacy check out God In Our Marriage today!