You feel alone, unworthy, spoken to like a child, or watched everywhere you go.
Physically your spouse hasn’t laid a hand on you and yet the verbal and emotional barrage that you get daily has you at wits end.
Have you experienced:
- Humiliation, degradation, discounting, negating. judging, criticizing
- Domination, control, and shame
- Accusing and blaming, trivial and unreasonable demands or expectations, denies own shortcomings
- Emotional distancing and the “silent treatment,” isolation, emotional abandonment or neglect
- Codependence and enmeshment
If so, then you are in an emotional and verbally abusive marriage.
This week Tony & Alisa shine the light on what these may look like in your home. More importantly they share the 5 steps you need to take to free yourself and your spouse from continued abuse.
If you need help don’t wait. Call or contact the agencies below for assistance.
US: Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233
UK: call Women’s Aid at 0808 2000 247.
Australia: Call 1800RESPECT at 1800 737 732.
Worldwide: Visit International Directory of Domestic Violence Agencies for a global list of helplines and crisis centers.