Kids are amazing from those cute little baby faces to the amazing young adults they become. However, when the kids become more important than your marriage that’s when problems arise.
Some of these may be:
- The kids are still sleeping with you.
- Everything revolves around the kids activities (to the point that the two of you can’t remember the last time you went out and it was just the two of you).
- You find yourself drifting apart and using the kids as your buffer zone, your distraction, and your focus. All of those things that really should be on your spouse.
Your children need to know that your marriage is strong. They need to see the example of mom and dad valuing each other and making each other a priority.
When your marriage becomes all about the kids, no matter what age they are, an unfair burden is placed upon them. One that they were never designed to have to bear.
- Kids are not a replacement for your marriage relationship.
- They are not to be your best friend, during the child rearing years.
- Your child is not to take on the responsibility of meeting your adult emotional needs or attention.
It’s time to look at the relationship you both have with your kids, make changes that benefit your marriage and then put the energy back into your spouse.
In this week’s show Tony and Alisa talk about why it’s important to set up guardrails and have no kids allowed areas in your marriage.
EPISODE SPONSOR | Minter & Richter Titanium Rings
Minter & Richter work from their studio housed in Boston’s Historic Rum Distillery, Scott, Owner, Ring Maker & Metalsmith Extraordinaire, meticulously crafts each ring custom to order. Combining titanium with everything from the exotic – water buffalo horn, to the everyday – concrete, and special found objects that customers send, Scott is continually reinventing the idea of what a ring should be. Get your customer ring today!
Support ONE Extraordinary Marriage by shopping at Amazon.com.