When you first met your spouse we’re guessing that there was excitement and mystery between the two of you.
Back then your boyfriend, now husband, would bring you a sunflower with a special written note just for you.
Maybe your girlfriend, now wife, would greet you at the park with a picnic basket full of your favorite treats.
Time passed and the two of you continued to romance each other.
Then you got married.
You saw each other every day
You had kids.
Work became stressful.
Those memories of being romanced and romancing your spouse faded away.
It is time to get the romance back in your marriage.
Here’s the thing and please do not take this the wrong way, the feelings of excitement are going to be different now than when you first met your spouse.
Before we get to the 40 Romantic Ideas, let’s look at a few points on how to use the list:
- Date Night/Day. Make it a point to get in at least one date in each month. If you can get in more than do so. Some of these will get you out of the house while others may be at home after the kids go to bed.
- Communicate. Your relationship has grown over the years. What you liked when you both first met may be different today. Make sure you ask your spouse how they would like to be romanced.
- Inspiration. This list has some obvious romantic ideas. It is our goal to give you inspiration so that you can take it from there. Add your own flare to personalize any of them.
- Cost. Romancing your spouse can cost anywhere from nothing to expensive. It’s not how much you spend to romance your spouse, but instead how often you romance each other.
40 Romantic Ideas You Can Use Today to Spice Up Your Marriage
- Walk along the beach/creek/lake
- Watch the sunset
- Pack a picnic lunch
- Full-body massage
- Wash each others feet
- Declare your love publicly
- Dance under candlelights
- Glow in the dark body paint
- Feed each other strawberries and chocolate
- Stargaze during a new moon
- Watch a full moon rise
- Take a shower outside
- Play a sexy board game (clothing optional)
- Dinner in after the kids are in bed
- Say “I Love You” on the bathroom mirror
- Cuddle naked under the covers
- Weekend getaway
- Call a local radio station and request your favorite love song
- 7 Days of Sex Challenge
- Make custom certificates with a treat you’ll provide
- Trim yourself up (wax, shave, design)
- Make out in the movie theatre
- Don’t talk about the kids
- Sit at a cafe sharing each others drinks
- Read a fiction book out loud
- Bathroom essentials for both of you
- Breakfast in bed
- Create a music playlist
- Send a sexy text message
- Kiss in the rain
- Enjoy the view from the top of a ferris wheel
- Write a poem together and frame it
- Have professional photos taken of the two of you (no kids)
- Look at your wedding album & remember that special day
- Stroll through your favorite art gallery
- Lay back, hold hands and cloud watch
- Write a list of reasons why you love your spouse
- Dress up just because & go commando
- Play in the fall leaves
- Go on a hot air ballon ride
It’s now time for you to go and romance your spouse. Have fun and most of all enjoy the time you two get to spend together.