“The greatest enemy of sexual wholeness today, is silence.” —Mark Laaser
Did you know that you have been entrusted to raise your kids to be sexually whole?
When you equip them for success as a sexual human being, you are impacting generations that will reap the benefits.
We challenge you not to leave your kids’ understanding up to chance, the schools, or today’s culture.
Most of what circulates today is not promoting a healthy perspective of either sex or marriage.
To shed some light on the current situation of young adults today:
- 43% of sexually active U.S. high school students did not use a condom at last intercourse. 4% of U.S. high school students had sexual intercourse before age 13, 62% by 12th grade. (CDC, 2015)
- Although 15 – 24 year-olds comprise only 25% of America’s sexually active population, they contract half of the 20 million new cases of STDs each year (US News, 2017)
- 80% of young adults (18 – 24) surveyed did not consider oral sex to be sex (WebMD 2010)
Girls typically go through puberty between ages 10 – 14, and boys between 12 – 16.
We want to challenge you to rise up and respect your children enough to equip them to respect their bodies.
Culture today will demand a response from them, let’s empower them to respond confidently while protecting their sexual purity.
- Talk with your spouse – It all starts in your own marriage. If you aren’t comfortable talking about sex with your spouse, how can you communicate that it’s a wonderful and harmonious component within marriage?
- Strategize – Don’t shift subjects when the right opportunity arises. Have a plan, get the resources you need, and know the where your kids are. It’s important to ask questions to understand their current understanding. If you want to check out some resources we like on age-appropriate discussions, check out our Amazon shop.
- Commit to answer truthfully – Honesty is always best. If you don’t know, tell them that you will do some research, but then follow up with them. If you want to be their primary, trusted advisor on matters this important, don’t make things up and respect their questions enough to provide honest answers.
EPISODE SPONSOR | Care.com
Take a load off your feet! Care.com is a great way to de-stress your life and make your day to day simpler for you and your spouse.
When you check out Care.com you’ll find the largest digital marketplace for finding and managing family care whether you need a housekeeper, a dog walker, a tutor or someone to run your errands, they have all of this and more.
Support ONE Extraordinary Marriage by shopping at Amazon.com.