Each of us desires to be more romantic in our marriage.
You may be in a loving relationship, but you don’t know the first thing about how to romance from the heart.
Sure, you can say, “I love you,” just fine, but all those wonderful, romantic ideas just seem to escape you.
Start 2010 on the right foot with you beloved. Below are 18 ideas that you can do to for your spouse over the next 7 days to set your marriage On Fire. You can simply follow these 18 ideas or you can adapt the suggestions below to your own nature. Either way, you will be well on your way to being the true romantic!
1. Leave a note professing your love for your partner to find during the day. Put the note where it will be found, easily. Try their briefcase, the driver’s seat of their car, in their coat pocket, in their lunch bag, taped to the receiver of the phone, taped to their computer, or left taped to a doorknob.
2. As soon as you arrive home for the day seek out your partner and offer a big, loving kiss. Tell your partner how much you love him or her and ask about their day. Make this a new, daily habit.
3. As an alternate idea, when your partner arrives home for the day, take their hand and pull them towards you aggressively. Offer a huge hug, kiss and say, “I missed you today!”
4. While your partner showers, heat up his or her towel in the dryer.
5. Have flowers delivered to partner at work.
6. Surprise your partner by arriving home with their favorite drink, snack, or ice-cream.
7. Arrange for an intimate lunch date with your partner.
8. Afterward, send a virtual card. Tell them how much you enjoyed lunch together.
9. Call your partner in the middle of the day to discuss your romantic plans for that evening.
10. Print out some love coupons (find them on-line) and present them to your partner.
One might say: this entitles loved one to a full-body massage, and sign your name.
11. For the kid in all of us! Use multi-colored, sidewalk chalk to draw a BIG heart in red and write. Print out the words, “I love you” in the middle of the heart. Do this someplace that is prominent such as on your driveway so that when your partner comes home he or she will see it.
12. Cook a favorite meal for your partner and then eat it, slowly, by candlelight.
13. When the weather is best, take a brisk walk through a nature trail with your love and talk about all the reasons why he or she is so special to you.
14. If the weather is dreary, have an indoor picnic. Spend the time together, inside enjoying your favorite board games and just relaxing and talking.
15. Cuddle up in your pj’s and relish a romantic movie together.
16. Just sleep in and cuddle together. Call into work and explain you are “under the weather” and need to rest a bit more before coming in.
17. Make a long list of the many reasons why you love your partner as you do and then have them framed and present it to him or her.
18. If you don’t live together, call your loved one just to say goodnight. Recite a favorite love poem over the phone and end with, “Sweet dreams, until we meet again!”
What can you do this week to romance your loved one?