56 SIMPLE (BUT SUPER EFFECTIVE) COMPLIMENTS TO ENCOURAGE YOUR SPOUSE
Remember back to the days when you first met your spouse. In those days you would compliment them on everything from the shoes they wore to the inner beauty they radiated.
These simple words you would speak could change their day in an instant.
Usually it was something as simple as…
“You are ______________.” (fill in with a compliment)
Your spouse desires to hear compliments and encouragement from you again.
A wife desires to be her husband’s ideal of beauty, especially in a world that is photoshopped, edited, filtered and so on.
As a husband you have an opportunity every day to build HER up. To let HER know that you like what you see both inside and out. These regular reminders chase away doubts and insecurities. It nourishes HER to here these words from you, the man she loves.
A husband wants to be respected and honored. He needs to know that you, as his wife, are there encouraging him, complimenting him in the tasks he does around the house, in the work he does, in his men’s group, and as your lover.
As a wife when you encourage your husband he can go out there and slay those dragons as he battles the world for his wife and family.
When you encourage your spouse you stay focused on YOUR marriage. When YOU are reminding your spouse of their amazing attributes you also are reminding yourself of the beauty that YOU have inside your marriage.
This brings the focus squarely back to your spouse and your marriage and you no longer have to look outside of your marriage for compliments and encouragement.
Now is the time to lift and encourage your spouse.
You can write them a romantic love letter.
You can text them a sexy text message.
Or you can look them in the eyes and tell them how much they mean to you.
However you decided to do it, we’ve compiled a list that you can use today get your creative juices flowing.
56 Compliments To Encourage Your Spouse Today!
- Thank you for the meals that you make for our family.
- I appreciate the way that you play with the kids.
- Your generosity inspires me.
- So many people benefit from the volunteer work that you do.
- I am amazed at how you have accomplished your goals.
- Your strength in spite of your challenges inspires me.
- It makes me smile when you leave a love note on the counter.
- I love how your eyes light up when you look at me.
- I’m so glad that I never have to worry about taking out the garbage.
- Our kids love the time that they spend with you.
- I love the way that you find joy in the little things
- Thank you for taking an active role in the organizations/causes that matter to you.
- I’ve loved being a part of your journey to finish your first race.
- It’s not always easy dealing with family, you do it with grace.
- Thank you for always filling up my gas tank.
- Just the sight of your legs makes my pulse beat faster.
- My laundry is always folded and put away, thank you!
- You are an amazing role model to our children.
- You give of yourself, not just to your family, but to those who are hurting around you.
- I smile with pride at every promotion your receive.
- It’s not always easy dealing with (anxiety, depression, illness, disability, etc.) and yet you face each day with strength and courage.
- Thank you for waking up early to spend time with me before I go to work.
- I love when your strong arms wrap me up in a hug.
- Our yard looks amazing because of the effort that you put into it.
- Thank you for putting God first.
- It’s always so special when one of your co-workers goes out of their way to tell me how awesome you are.
- Thank you for dealing with my family with a smile when you would rather not.
- I love that you are the cool mom/cool dad to our kids.
- I cannot tell you how much I appreciate how you provide for our kids.
- Your smile brightens my day, every day.
- Thank you for being my own personal handyman.
- You make me feel like I’m the only man/woman in the world.
- I love that we sleep naked.
- Thank you for trusting me with you, all of you.
- I love that forever means forever to you.
- I smile when I walk into the house at the end of a rough day and you greet me with a hug and a kiss.
- Thank you for being the type of person who blesses others with the blessings that you have received.
- I miss you when you aren’t here.
- Thank you for providing for our family.
- I appreciate all that you have done to set us up for success.
- You are the type of person who makes me a better person.
- The time that we pray together is the highlight of my day.
- There is no one else that I would rather spend time with.
- We’ve had our ups and downs, it means so much to me that we are still together.
- I love watching our family grow together.
- We’ve grown so much from those two people who married, thank you for being on this journey with me.
- Welcome home, it’s not the same when you are gone.
- Thank you for including me on all of your dreams.
- I love knowing that I am #1 in your life.
- Dates with you are extraordinary.
- You make me laugh, that’s a gift.
- The way you hold my face when we kiss, that’s magical.
- Waking up next to you is AWESOME!
- I fall in love with you again every day.
- Thank you for being you.
- I love you.
When you focus on building up your spouse and remember the treasure that you have in your marriage the extraordinary happens.
Now it is time to go and experience the fullness that happens when you encourage your spouse.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”