“Love your spouse where they are right now.” —Brenda Moore
There are two types of people in this world, those who are easily offended or those who are living in a state of being always offended.
This where Brenda Moore starts the conversation on offense in marriage.
Have you ever said …
- You should do what I say?
- You should do it my way?
- And then you get upset when your spouse doesn’t follow through on what you want?
You’re bringing offense into your marriage.
Does your spouse struggle with whether to say “hi” or “bye” to you because he/she doesn’t know what your attitude is from day to day?
Marriage has a perfect design BUT for every minute that we spend being offended we lose a minute of loving on our spouse.
Being offended can come from many places but the most common are:
- Unvoiced expectations
- Negative thoughts
- Feeling rejected or unaccepted.
We all want to be 100% accepted by our spouses. The problem is that our spouse is as imperfect as we are. We cannot fully accept anyone 100% and when that happens…OFFENSE. The only person who accepts us 100% is Jesus.
According to Brenda the 7 Steps to Overcoming Offense are:
- Identify where the offense is coming from.
- Confirm the truth of who you are in Jesus.
- Understand that total acceptance comes from Jesus ONLY, not our spouse.
- Take our offenses to Jesus FIRST.
- Filter our thoughts and words through the Word of God.
- Be filled with the grace of God.
- Pour that grace that you have received into your marriage because you have been healed.
Every minute that you are offended, you lose a minute loving on your spouse.
Brenda Moore realized her passion and desire to help women to overcome obstacles and challenges in their marriages through the challenges she faced and recorded in her daily journal writing. Through journaling she started to see her faults and need for self improvement. She started coaching and mentoring wives and was able to see God’s plan for her life, family and marriage. It is her desire to see wives unlock the supernatural in their marriages.
Brenda credits her ability to coach wives and prepare women for marriage as a gift from God. She lives in Hamden,CT with her husband. Together the couple has a blended family with six children.
You can learn about all that she does at The Wife Coach
Support ONE Extraordinary Marriage by shopping at Amazon.com.